Thursday, April 30, 2009

Easter Vigil


Alleluia, He has risen!

This was a very special day and the most important day for us as Christians, so although I am overdue in my entries, I would like to reflect on this day.

The Easter Vigil Mass at St. Peter’s Basilica is special because it concludes at midnight on Sunday morning, thus kicking off the Easter season. It is celebrated by Pope Benedict, who is the successor to the Apostle Peter whom Jesus first appointed, “You are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church” (Matthew 16:18). To see the man who has been chosen by God to be head of the Church, leaves one at a loss for words. It is obvious that no one man can lead 2 billion Christians, and thus shows how deeply rooted he is in Christ. It is only because of Christ that he is able to be our Holy Father, and it is because of Christ radiating in his love that one is left for this loss of words.

Secondly, this year’s Easter celebration was so memorable for me because it was spent in community with thirty of my brothers and sisters from my college back home. Words cannot express the fire that burns within as you are amongst your peers and truly celebrating and rejoicing in our Lord’s triumph over death. What a truly joy filled day.

Easter Sunday we celebrated with the whole house coming together to prepare an Easter Dinner. What made the dinner extra special were the several guests present. I’m so grateful they were able to join us, and share in the community we have here. Afterwards, we headed to the park for some football and soccer to conclude the evening.

Praise God for his many blessings on us here. We have now entered into the final month of studies before returning to the states, and so these last days carry their own special time for us, similar to the last days of your senior year in high school, or before moving away from a place you’ve called home. This has become home in that we have grown to be 30 brothers and sisters in Christ.

Blessings to each of you back home. I am looking forward to my return.

In His Love,
Ryan

1 comment:

  1. Brother Ryan!
    It is good to hear of your tribulations. I look forward to your return.
    Drew

    ReplyDelete